Tuesday, February 16, 2021

What do I want in my Guy?

 Ron, my cousin has been my champion, and also my sound board dealing with the aftermath of every failed attempt at finding my "someone."

"Every woman has the exact love life she wants." Sounds familiar? It's a dialogue from the movie, "The Wedding Date." It has been quoted to me by friends so many times. I did not understand why they would keep telling me this every time I went through a heart break. It seemed mean and petty. 

I have also been told the power of positive thinking. Of telling the universe what you want, exactly how you want it. It has worked magic for me in so many aspects, except when it comes to relationships. I have always wanted passion, and excitement, and deep conversations, and magic. I have gotten all of this. It has not been enough.

I want someone who gets that I am not perfect. I want someone who makes me glow. I want someone who makes me feel safe. I want someone who's moves and words I am not second guessing. I want someone who understands my questions are to not put him in a spot, but to work towards understanding him better. I want someone who makes plans with me. I want someone who wants to be involved in my plans. I want someone who gets that I can be intense at times. I want someone who is okay showing his vulnerabilities and does not balk when I show him mine. I want someone who wants to work through and not take us for granted.  


No comments:

Post a Comment